Google

Monday, October 15, 2007

The Holocaust




This is a poem I wrote describing the Holocaust, it's not exactly politically correct but I thought it turned out nice. I've also decided I'm going to switch back and forth between poetry, and theology in my posts.

Alas the sun refused to shine
upon that fateful day
when the great god above decided
no pity should come our way

the call was quick but ruthless
but it's marks have greatened my strife
the hurts we've received this day
makes me plead it had taken my life

many others by darts are falling
but that day I refused to die
friends and family with their hearts calling
to the god above asking why

i remember the horrible screams
the bullets flying everywhere
there horrid gleeful faces
as they spread death to all still there

despite the wrongs done to us
we refused to return there blows
we prayed for them to our saviour
but they still added to our woes

many tried to run
but their numbers were to great
it seemed to us that day
to die together was our fate

and as the last ones of us were dying
we could sense god was near
while our fates remained pain-stricken
from our hearts left all fear